While each classroom varies in its time spent at school (half day/full day, two/three/five days a week), some elements of our schedule are consistent for each class.
● Centers: Students participate in a wide variety of play-based classroom centers, including but not limited to centers for block play, dramatic and dress-up play, toys and games, art, sand and water, library, 5 discovery and science, music and movement, cooking, technology, and outdoor play.
● Circle Time: Students form community in their classroom circles, a time to celebrate each other, hear stories, and share experiences.
● Rest: For full-day students, a rest time is provided. Some students sleep during this time, while others engage in restful activities like listening to stories or other calming exercises.
● Snack (and Lunch for Full-Day Students): This is a time for students to sit together and nourish their bodies. In addition, it is part of the way we build community and conversation in our classrooms. Current
classroom snack policies are available by contacting your student’s teacher or the preschool director.
● Outdoor/Gross Motor Play: Each day, students have multiple opportunities for gross motor play, outdoors when possible and indoors if not. We will be outdoors when the temperature/wind chill is twenty degrees or higher. We also might go outdoors in mildly inclement conditions (light rain, snow, etc.). Please dress your child appropriately for the weather each day.